[Swift-devel] Q about MolDyn

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Aug 7 01:17:44 CDT 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Veronika Nefedova wrote:

> OK. I accidentally closed viper window where I started the workflow. The
> workflow was started with & so it was supposed to stay up even if I exited the
> shell. But apparently it didn't!

Like Mihael said, it won't. The semantics we have for swift at the moment
are the usual unix semantics of 'close the window, kill the process'. You
can use screen (which I think you know how to use because you're running
it...) to get the disconnect semantics that you want (i.e. same as for
your mud client?)