[Swift-devel] remote queue capacity

Veronika V. Nefedova nefedova at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 30 15:43:09 CDT 2007

Hi,

When I was testing today with large job submissions to TG I hit one very
interesting limit -- the *total* number of jobs in the queue. Not just my
own jobs in the queue - but the total queue capacity. So TG support asked
if we could watch out for this message below and not submit any jobs at the
moment:

qsub: Maximum number of jobs already in queue

For example, I could have 4 jobs in the queue and be trying to submit the
5th job, when I
get that message.  If the total aggregate jobs by ALL users exceeds 2048
(the number specific to TG-NCSA), I'll
get that message.

Can Swift be aware of such limitations - i.e. can we have some safeguards
against this situation?

Thanks,

Nika