[Swift-devel] random seed generator?

Tiberiu Stef-Praun tiberius at ci.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 25 11:36:38 CDT 2007

I'd go with the external source.
In the end, to achieve high quality randomness, swift would probably
use the /dev/random internally anyway, so it's just the issue of where
to use the random generator in the code.
Since swift is not intended to contain non-workflow libraries, i think
we should not expect random() to be part of it

Tibi