[Swift-devel] random seed generator?

Veronika V. Nefedova nefedova at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 25 11:26:57 CDT 2007

Hi,

I know I've raised this question before and I had received several
suggestions, but I am wondering what is the consensus on generating the
random seed in swift? I needed it for MolDyn workflow (had to do some hacks
for them), and I need it for the lqcd workflow too.
For lqcd I need to change the random seed inside the input file at every
loop step. What is the best way to proceed? I see a couple of options:

1. have an external program generate the random seed and then call it from
swift.
2. Have swift somehow generate the random seed

I am curious if option 2 is possible ?

Thanks,

Nika