[Swift-devel] weird error

Veronika V. Nefedova nefedova at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 4 10:46:55 CDT 2007

Hi,

I came across some weird error. It could be the application's error, or it
could be swift's error. Here is what I have. This is my function definition:

(file out1) GRAND_FINALE (file in1, file in2, file arr[], string s) {
     app {
	fepl "--nosite" "--resultonly" "--wham_outputs" @in1 "--solv_lrc_file"
@in2 "--fe_file" @out1;
	}
}

It is working just fine. BUT -- I had a typo there: I had 1 extra space in
the first 2 arguments. I.e. I had " --nosite"  and " --resultonly". These 2
extra spaces completely screwed up the application execution. So I am not
sure why -- I would think that it shouldn't really cause any problems. I am
Cc Yuqing Deng (its his application that I was running).

I would be interested to find out why such a small typo caused such big
problems...

Thanks,

Nika