[Swift-devel] problem with /gpfs on TG

Veronika V. Nefedova nefedova at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 3 15:35:31 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have some problems with having my workdir set to /gpfs on Teragrid. When
my workdir is set to /home, the workflow works just fine. When I want to
run a large run I set my workdir to /gpfs (which has a lot of disk space)
and then my workflow stops working. The very beginning of the workflow
(that has some small jobs) is working ok, but after the long jobs (66 min
each) are finished the system  never returns the 'done' status back to
swift and thus no new jobs are submitted and the workflow stops. Again,
exactly the same workflow works fine when workdir is set to /home.

Is it TG's problem or Swift's problem?
(unless you tell me its definitely a Swift's problem - I'll send email to
TG-support as well).

Thanks,

Nika