sieve-dev building petsc-dev on IBM AIX

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 16:48:19 CDT 2008

I did the test on src/dm/mesh/
On my linux system, the mesh.c is built by (got it by running make mesh.o)

g++ -o newmesh.c -E -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wno-strict-aliasing -g    -Isieve
-I/mnt/UofA/sekidata/petsc-dev/externalpackages/Boost/
-I/home/seki/UofA/petsc-dev/linux-gnu-cxx-debug/include
-I/home/seki/UofA/petsc-dev/linux-gnu-cxx-debug/include
-I/home/seki/UofA/petsc-dev
-I/home/seki/UofA/petsc-dev/linux-gnu-cxx-debug/include
-I/home/seki/UofA/petsc-dev/include
-I/home/seki/UofA/petsc-dev/linux-gnu-cxx-debug/include
-I/mnt/UofA/sekidata/petsc-dev/src/dm/mesh/sieve -I/usr/local/include
-I/home/seki/UofA/petsc-dev/linux-gnu-cxx-debug/include
-I/home/seki/UofA/petsc-dev/linux-gnu-cxx-debug/include
-I/mnt/UofA/sekidata/petsc-dev/externalpackages/Boost/
*-D__SDIR__='"src/dm/mesh/"'
*  mesh.c
This one works fine.

On the AIX system,, it is done by
mpCC_r -q64 -o mesh.o -c -qrtti=dyna -O -+ -Isieve
-I/scratch_ibm/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/externalpackages/Boost/
-I/home/seki/software/src/petsc-dev
-I/home/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/aix5.3.0.0-cxx-opt/include
-I/home/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/include
-I/scratch_ibm/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/src/dm/mesh/sieve
-I/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include
-I/scratch_ibm/seki/software/src/petsc-dev/externalpackages/Boost/ *
-D__SDIR__=src/dm/mesh/* mesh.c
It gives lots of (S) error messages
After putting quotes to the *-D__SDIR__='"src/dm/mesh/"'*  as in the first
case, those errors are gone.

I hope this identifies the problem. I guess modification can be made to some
global makefile variables so that it is effective everywhere.
Please let me know if this is helpful.
Thanks.

Shi

--