sieve-dev restrictClosure in opt-sieve

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:06:23 CDT 2008

Hi there,

The conversion went quite well but I have one particular question about the
restrictClosure() call. Now that we don't need the tags, I am  directly
calling:
array=m->restrictClosure(usg->s,  c);
However, it turned out the numbers are order differently for sections that
use Fibrations. Remember I had 3 velocity components defined on both edges
and vertexes and 1 pressure on vertexes only? I used the single section s
for the four variables and used setFibration() to define them correctly.
Previously I had problems using the restrictClosure() function on the sub
sections (ie, u,v,w and p) directly since you said these are not real
section. Therefore, I had to restrictClosure() for the s section first and
then find out the needed values for specific variables.

After I converted the code, I found that the result of restrictClosure() for
s is different from before, with data ordered slightly differently. However,
the good news is that I found I can now  restrictClosure() for the sub
sections directly and therefore there is no need to do in the old
inefficient way.

Could you please confirm whether this is correct? Thank you very much?
--
Sincerely,
Shi Jin, Ph.D.