sieve-dev code not working with the latest petsc-dev

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 18:32:10 CDT 2008

Hi,

I just did a update of my petsc-dev and my working code became to produce
errors in compilation.
The first one is it complains about the use of
ierr = SectionRealGetSection(section, s);

>From the source, I found out that it can be solved by changing the
definition of
Obj<ALE::Mesh::real_section_type> s;
ALE::Obj<PETSC_MESH_TYPE::real_section_type> s;
This seems to solve the specific problem.

However, there are more errors to come. I tried to replace all previous
ALE::Mesh by PETSC_MESH_TYPE but there are still lots of error messages. I
guess a major type definition change has been made. Could you please advice
me what I should do to my previously working code so that it is compatible
with the change.
--
Sincerely,
Shi Jin, Ph.D.