sieve-dev problem building petsc-dev

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 13:56:20 CST 2007

Hi,

Is there a problem with the mercurial repository of petsc-dev? I am not able to pull.

Also, I downloaded the latest petsc-dev.tar.gz. But I have a error configuring it the old way. I got a prompt saying
You must specify a path for Sieve with --with-sieve-dir=<directory>

Then I used --with-sieve-dir=src/dm/mesh/sieve/ but it does not work.

Do you know what is wrong here?
Also I remember yesterday  I was able to pull but  there was something in the  Makefile  missing. How do I fix this?

Thank you very much.

--
Shi Jin, PhD