[petsc-users] DMPlex boundary condition from array

Pierre Seize pierreseize at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 13:10:33 CDT 2024

Hi
I would like to solve div(u) = 0 with a FE method in a spherical mesh made
of tetrahedron.
My problem concern the boundary condition : a Dirichlet boundary condition
on the surface of the sphere where the value is given by another program,
in the form of a list of indices corresponding to the vertices on the
boundary and a list of values to be applied on those vertices.

I am able to use DMPlexCreateFromCellListPetsc to create the DM on process
0, but the moment I distribute the DM the vertices are renumbered and I
loose the correspondence with the boundary describing arrays.

I have two questions:
    - is there a way to get the mapping between old indices and new global
indices after the distribute operation?
    - how can I apply a boundary condition such as mine, i.e. set given
values at given vertices?

Thanks in advance
Pierre Seize