[petsc-users] Fortran Linker Issue on Mac Sonoma

William Thacher wthacher at lbl.gov
Mon May 6 21:02:44 CDT 2024

Hello,

I am encountering an issue when configuring/building PETSc on a Mac with
Sonoma 14.4.1. Here are the exact steps I have performed so far:

1. Pulled the most recent release of PETSc
2. Ran "./configure --ignoreLinkOutput=1 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-ld_classic"

In the configuration process (line 2518 of attached configure.log) it looks
like there is a linker error when testing the fortran compiler. (I get the
same error if I just run ./configure)

If I run the make command given after running step 2. above, the C/C++ code
builds fine, but I would also like to build the Fortran code.

Have you all seen this error before on Mac Sonoma/have any ideas for a
workaround?

I installed open-mpi through Homebrew and upgraded before building PETSc.

Appreciate the help,

Will
--
Will Thacher
Graduate Student Researcher, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab