[petsc-users] Install PETSc with option `--with-shared-libraries=1` failed on MacOS

Zongze Yang yangzongze at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 07:04:21 CDT 2024

Thank you for providing the instructions. I try the first option.

Now, the error of the configuration is related to OpenBLAS.
Add `--CFLAGS=-Wno-int-conversion` to configure command resolve this. Should this be reported to OpenBLAS? Or need to fix the configure in petsc?

The configure.log is attached. The errors are show below:
    ```
    src/lapack_wrappers.c:570:81: error: incompatible integer to pointer conversion passing 'blasint' (aka 'int') to parameter of type 'const blasint *' (aka 'const int *'); take the address with & [-Wint-conversion]
        RELAPACK_sgemmt(uplo, transA, transB, n, k, alpha, A, ldA, B, ldB, beta, C, info);
                                                                                    ^~~~
                                                                                    &
    src/../inc/relapack.h:74:216: note: passing argument to parameter here
    void RELAPACK_sgemmt(const char *, const char *, const char *, const blasint *, const blasint *, const float *, const float *, const blasint *, const float *, const blasint *, const float *, float *, const blasint *);
                                                                                                                                                                                                                           ^
    src/lapack_wrappers.c:583:81: error: incompatible integer to pointer conversion passing 'blasint' (aka 'int') to parameter of type 'const blasint *' (aka 'const int *'); take the address with & [-Wint-conversion]
        RELAPACK_dgemmt(uplo, transA, transB, n, k, alpha, A, ldA, B, ldB, beta, C, info);
                                                                                    ^~~~
                                                                                    &
    src/../inc/relapack.h:75:221: note: passing argument to parameter here
    void RELAPACK_dgemmt(const char *, const char *, const char *, const blasint *, const blasint *, const double *, const double *, const blasint *, const double *, const blasint *, const double *, double *, const blasint *);
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ^
    src/lapack_wrappers.c:596:81: error: incompatible integer to pointer conversion passing 'blasint' (aka 'int') to parameter of type 'const blasint *' (aka 'const int *'); take the address with & [-Wint-conversion]
        RELAPACK_cgemmt(uplo, transA, transB, n, k, alpha, A, ldA, B, ldB, beta, C, info);
                                                                                    ^~~~
                                                                                    &
    src/../inc/relapack.h:76:216: note: passing argument to parameter here
    void RELAPACK_cgemmt(const char *, const char *, const char *, const blasint *, const blasint *, const float *, const float *, const blasint *, const float *, const blasint *, const float *, float *, const blasint *);
                                                                                                                                                                                                                           ^
    src/lapack_wrappers.c:609:81: error: incompatible integer to pointer conversion passing 'blasint' (aka 'int') to parameter of type 'const blasint *' (aka 'const int *'); take the address with & [-Wint-conversion]
        RELAPACK_zgemmt(uplo, transA, transB, n, k, alpha, A, ldA, B, ldB, beta, C, info);
                                                                                    ^~~~
                                                                                    &
    src/../inc/relapack.h:77:221: note: passing argument to parameter here
    void RELAPACK_zgemmt(const char *, const char *, const char *, const blasint *, const blasint *, const double *, const double *, const blasint *, const double *, const blasint *, const double *, double *, const blasint *);
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                ^
    4 errors generated.
    ```

Best wishes,