[petsc-users] Modelica + PETSc?

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 10:39:35 CDT 2024

On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 10:29 AM Zou, Ling <lzou at anl.gov> wrote:

> This is the website I normally refer to
>
> https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModelicaUsersGuide/latest/solving.html__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!atB8LuQrlGQnbi8lXYaGJKrUHYTfhXYVS8-QcBlSPWc_cjEPT8rDhboXFr08Hx6cSDhSTlwO2WEXOpoY6C5F$
>

> Looks like DASSL is the default solver.

That is what I would have guessed. DASSL is a good solver, but quite dated.
I think PETSc can solve those problems, and more scalably. We would be
happy to give advice on conforming to their interface.

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/*knepley/__;fg!!G_uCfscf7eWS!atB8LuQrlGQnbi8lXYaGJKrUHYTfhXYVS8-QcBlSPWc_cjEPT8rDhboXFr08Hx6cSDhSTlwO2WEXOjQrgtOM$  <https://urldefense.us/v3/__http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/*knepley/__;fg!!G_uCfscf7eWS!atB8LuQrlGQnbi8lXYaGJKrUHYTfhXYVS8-QcBlSPWc_cjEPT8rDhboXFr08Hx6cSDhSTlwO2WEXOjlJYUgi$ >