[petsc-users] MKL installation can't be used to configure PETSc

Yongzhong Li yongzhong.li at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 23 21:04:06 CDT 2024

Dear PETSc developers,

Recently, when I configured the PETSc with blas/lapack provided by Intel MKL, I got the following error message,

[  1%] Performing configure step for 'external_petsc'
                         Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
                                     ***** WARNING *****
  Found environment variable: MAKEFLAGS=s. Ignoring it! Use "./configure
  MAKEFLAGS=$MAKEFLAGS" if you really want to use this value
TESTING: checkLib from config.packages.BlasLapack(config/BuildSystem/config/packages/BlasLapack.py:114)
           UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS (see configure.log for details):
  You set a value for --with-blaslapack-dir=<dir>, but
  /tool/pandora64/.package/oneMKL-2021.3/mkl cannot be used

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/external_petsc.dir/build.make:92: external/builds/petsc-3.21.0/src/external_petsc-stamp/external_petsc-configure] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:114: CMakeFiles/external_petsc.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:91: all] Error 2

However, I think I was using the correct MKL root address to configure PETSc. I have attached the configure.log file, could you help me look at where might be wrong?

Thanks!
Yongzhong
Yongzhong Li
PhD student | Electromagnetics Group
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Toronto
https://urldefense.us/v3/__http://www.modelics.org__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!aa4LdUX0JV3i0ce3Jp20GLg521rd7L25vZSpFhCmlvTUN8EZFjfbk-IsfiTOD3IpCfXCB_zHA8nh1WMIkiHosbwZgv8PzmzPEec$