[petsc-users] Strategies for coupled nonlinear problems

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Sat Jul 6 08:05:18 CDT 2024

Hi Miguel,

PCFIELDSPLIT is indeed what you want. There may be some PETSc examples that
could help guide algorithm selection, but I would just start by getting the
PCFIELDSPLIT infrastructure in place and running with the default solver,
which is simple block Gauss-Seidel iteration on the two block system
And you want to look in your field to see what other people have done with
systems like yours and then see about how to construct them in PCFIELDSPLIT.

Thanks,
Mark