[petsc-users] (no subject)

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Mon Aug 5 14:33:44 CDT 2024

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://petsc.org/release/manualpages/KSP/KSPCR/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!ZQFXJM_C7qCPyXSN6vUgcQaTYavgEpmvtDdWSpbY1dR7m_6DlTM1CF00dL26gVO4tjPEFFvV79SEmjS1tbaF0nc$

The preconditioner must be POSITIVE-DEFINITE and the operator POSITIVE-SEMIDEFINITE.

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://petsc.org/release/manualpages/KSP/KSPMINRES/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!ZQFXJM_C7qCPyXSN6vUgcQaTYavgEpmvtDdWSpbY1dR7m_6DlTM1CF00dL26gVO4tjPEFFvV79SEmjS1rmWgN0k$

The operator and the preconditioner must be symmetric and the preconditioner must be positive definite for this method.

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://petsc.org/release/manualpages/KSP/KSPSYMMLQ/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!ZQFXJM_C7qCPyXSN6vUgcQaTYavgEpmvtDdWSpbY1dR7m_6DlTM1CF00dL26gVO4tjPEFFvV79SEmjS1uMjjdeU$

The preconditioner must be POSITIVE-DEFINITE.

Of course you can always use KSPGMRES or KSPBCGS