[petsc-users] Periodic boundary conditions using swarm

MIGUEL MOLINOS PEREZ mmolinos at us.es
Thu Apr 18 07:22:51 CDT 2024

Dear all,

I am working on the implementation of periodic bcc using a discretisation (PIC-style). I am working with a test case which consists on solving the advection of a set of particles inside of a box (DMDA mesh) with periodic bcc on the x axis.

My implementation updates the position of each particle with a velocity field, afterwards I check if the particle is inside, or not, the supercell (periodic box). If not, I correct the position using bcc conditions. Once this step is done, I call Dmswarmmigrate.

It works in serial, but crashes in parallel with MPI (see attached nohup file). I have checked some of the Dmswarmmigrate examples, and they looks similar to my implementation. However they do not use periodic bcc.

I am missing any step in addition to Dmswarmmigrate?

Best regards
Miguel