[petsc-users] Reading VTK files in PETSc

Kevin G. Wang kevinw3 at vt.edu
Wed Nov 29 07:59:47 CST 2023

Good morning everyone.

I use the following functions to output parallel vectors --- "globalVec" in
this example --- to VTK files. It works well, and is quite convenient.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  PetscViewer viewer;
  PetscViewerVTKOpen(PetscObjectComm((PetscObject)*dm), filename,
FILE_MODE_WRITE, &viewer);
  VecView(globalVec, viewer);
  PetscViewerDestroy(&viewer);

Now, I am trying to do the opposite. I would like to read the VTK files
generated by PETSc back into memory, and assign each one to a Vec. Could
someone let me know how this can be done?

Thanks!
Kevin

--
Kevin G. Wang, Ph.D.