[petsc-users] SLEPc: GPU accelerated shift-invert

Greg Kahanamoku-Meyer gregory.meyer at berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 17 15:13:26 CDT 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to accelerate a shift-invert eigensolve with GPU, but the
computation seems to be spending a lot of its time in the CPU. Looking at
the output with "-log_view -log_view_gpu_time" I see that MatLUFactorNum is
not using the GPU (GPU Mflops/s is 0), and is taking the majority of the
computation time. Is LU factorization on the GPU supported? I am currently
applying the command line options "-vec_type cuda -mat_type aijcusparse",
please let me know if there are other options I can apply to accelerate the
LU factorization as well. I tried digging through the documentation but
couldn't find a clear answer.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Greg KM