[petsc-users] petsc configure problem

Gael gael.chenjiahong at foxmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:49:54 CDT 2023

To whom it may concern,

I'm trying to install PETSc on my HPC, and in the configure step something keeps going wrong with the following message:

PETSc requires c99 compiler! Configure could not determine compatible compiler flag. Perhaps you can specify via CFLAGS

We have googled it and try to add CFLAGS spefified in this post Re: [petsc-users] PETSc on GCC (mail-archive.com). But none could work and the error message changed as:

C compiler you provided with -with-cc=mpicc cannot be found or does not work. Cannot compile C with mpicc.

My log file is attached. Could you please give some suggestions on this problem?

Thank you,
Jiahong CHEN