[petsc-users] Scalable Solver for Incompressible Flow

Alexander Lindsay alexlindsay239 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 20:27:22 CDT 2023

This has been a great discussion to follow. Regarding

> when time stepping, you have enough mass matrix that cheaper
preconditioners are good enough

I'm curious what some algebraic recommendations might be for high Re in
transients. I've found one-level DD to be ineffective when applied
monolithically or to the momentum block of a split, as it scales with the
mesh size. For high Re boomeramg is ineffective perhaps until
https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/issues/1362 is resolved. I should try
fiddling around again with Pierre's work in HPDDM, but curious if there are
other PETSc PC recs, or if I need to overcome my inertia/laziness and move
beyond command line options.