[petsc-users] win32fe?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 31 11:32:13 CST 2023

Assuming 'icx/ifx' compiler options are same as 'icl/ifort' - you can try:

--with-cc='win32fe icl --use icx' --with-cxx='win32fe icl --use icx' --with-fc='win32e ifort --use ifx'

Also check 'win32fe --help'

However I think the above assumption [i.e icx is a drop in replacement for icl] is likely invalid - so this might not work.

Note: petsc/main has shell wrappers for 'win32fe icl' - so one could add similar wrappers for  icx - if the above would work.

balay at p1 /home/balay/petsc (main =)
$ cat lib/petsc/bin/win32fe/win_cl
#!/usr/bin/env sh
#
#  Wrapper for Microsoft Windows cl using win32fe as a full path compiler
#
p=`dirname $0`
${p}/win32fe cl $*

The sources for win32fe are at https://bitbucket.org/petsc/win32fe

And 'win32fe icl --verbose' is useful to understand the commands its invoking internally.

Satish