[petsc-users] DMPlex Halo Communication or Graph Partitioner Issue

Mike Michell mi.mike1021 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 10:59:52 CST 2023

As a follow-up, I tested:

(1) Download tar for v3.18.4 from petsc gitlab (
https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/tree/v3.18.4) has no issue on DMPlex halo
exchange. This version works as I expect.
(2) Clone main branch (git clone https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc.git) has
issues with DMPlex halo exchange. Something is suspicious about this main
branch, related to DMPlex halo. The solution field I got is not correct.
But it works okay with 1-proc.

Does anyone have any comments on this issue? I am curious if other DMPlex
users have no problem regarding halo exchange. FYI, I do not declare ghost
layers for halo exchange.

Thanks,
Mike