[petsc-users] Inquiry regarding DMAdaptLabel function

Zongze Yang yangzongze at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 05:41:11 CST 2023

Another question on mesh coarsening is about `DMCoarsen` which will fail
when running in parallel.

I generate a mesh in Firedrake, and then create function space and
functions, after that, I get the dmplex and coarsen it.
When running in serials, I get the mesh coarsened correctly. But it failed
with errors in ParMMG when running parallel.

However, If I did not create function space and functions on the original
mesh, everything works fine too.

The code and the error logs are attached.

Thank you for your time and attention。

Best wishes,
Zongze