[petsc-users] Reading user generated Cartesian grid into DMXX

吉兴洲 jixingzhou918 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 06:32:35 CDT 2023

Dear all,

I'm solving a fluid problem and it has multiple square cylinders in the
flow area. Unfortunately, I have to use a Cartesian grid (nonuniform) which
can't generated by Gmsh.

I have noticed that the object *DMDA* and *DMFOREST* typically have there
own intrinsic methods such as *DMDACreate2d *to generate a structured grid
or index. But in my case (multiple cylinders in the whole area), it is
quite complicated or maybe impossible to use these intrinsic methods
generating a Cartesian grid, if I'm not missing something in the *DM *
tutorial.

So I wonder if I can somehow define my own DMXX to directly read my
generated grid. Or is there any other way to deal with (meaning reading the
topology and geometry) this "complex" Cartesian grid?

All the best,
Xingzhou