[petsc-users] Solve Linear System with Field Split Preconditioner

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Sep 26 01:13:18 CDT 2022

This is the joy of factorization field-split methods. The actual Schur complement is dense, so we represent it implicitly. A common strategy is to assemble the mass matrix and drop it in the 11 block of the Pmat. You can check out some examples in the repository for incompressible flow (Stokes problems). The LSC (least squares commutator) is another option. You'll likely find that lumping diag(A00)^{-1} works poorly because the resulting operator behaves like a Laplacian rather than like a mass matrix.