[petsc-users] Laplace Equation preconditioner

Alfredo J Duarte Gomez aduarteg at utexas.edu
Thu Oct 13 11:39:51 CDT 2022

Hello,

I am using KSPGMRES.

I was surprised to see DIVERGED_BREAKDOWN as well, which is why I thought
there could be some grid issues.

However, other preconditioners were able to retrieve a satisfactory
solution (PCGAMG, PCGASM, PCLU MUMPS).

Is there maybe a problem size for which boomerAMG has decreased
performance? I am dealing with problem sizes of 2 million to 20 million
points for reference.

I tried out PCGAMG and it seems to be working much better than boomerAMG,
so thank you so much for your suggestion.

Sincerely,

-Alfredo