[petsc-users] About Q3 tensor product Hermite element

Duan Junming junming.duan at epfl.ch
Wed Oct 5 15:39:32 CDT 2022

Dear all,

I need to use Q3 tensor product Hermite element in 2D (point value, gradient, and mixed derivative at 4 vertices in a cell as unknowns).

Is it available in PETSc FEM module now? I found that only Lagrange element is available.

If not, what is the correct path to implement Q3 tensor product Hermite element?

I think I should create my own petscspace and petscdualspace?

Or is there any package that has already provided this?

Thanks for any suggestions!