[petsc-users] Installing Triangle for PETSc by not using --download

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 4 12:47:59 CDT 2022

Can you try the --with-packages-download-dir option?

It tells you the URL to download - and then PETSc configure does the install.

Satish

--------

balay at p1 /home/balay/petsc (release =)
$ ./configure --with-packages-download-dir=$HOME/tmp --download-triangle
Download the following packages to /home/balay/tmp

triangle ['git://https://bitbucket.org/petsc/pkg-triangle', 'https://bitbucket.org/petsc/pkg-triangle/get/v1.3-p2.tar.gz']

Then run the script again

balay at p1 /home/balay/petsc (release =)
$ pushd $HOME/tmp
~/tmp ~/petsc
balay at p1 /home/balay/tmp
$ git clone -q https://bitbucket.org/petsc/pkg-triangle
balay at p1 /home/balay/tmp
$ popd
~/petsc
balay at p1 /home/balay/petsc (release =)
$ ./configure --with-packages-download-dir=$HOME/tmp --download-triangle
                         Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
        Running /home/balay/soft/sowing-1.1.26-p1/bin/bfort to generate Fortran stubs
                 Trying to download /home/balay/tmp/pkg-triangle for TRIANGLE
                      Compiling Triangle; this may take several minutes
                      Installing Triangle; this may take several minutes
TESTING: checklsame from config.packages.BlasLapack(config/BuildSystem/config/packages/BlasLapack.py:691)

..