[petsc-users] TS Time Derivative after solved step

Karol Lewandowski Karol.Lewandowski at glasgow.ac.uk
Mon May 16 04:58:08 CDT 2022

Hi, I am developing a program for solving a time-dependent problem using TS solver. At some point, after a successful step, I would like to compute the error indicator which involves time derivatives. I tried to use routines like TSSetPostStep(), however, they do not give me access to vector ts_u_t.

Is there a way to compute the post-step time derivative without copying the vectors (like ts_u_t, ts_u_tt) at each step?

Kind regards,

Karol