[petsc-users] Regarding the status of VecSetValues(Blocked) for GPU vectors

Sajid Ali Syed sasyed at fnal.gov
Thu Mar 17 15:46:03 CDT 2022

Hi PETSc-developers,

Is it possible to use VecSetValues with distributed-memory CUDA & Kokkos vectors from the device, i.e. can I call VecSetValues with GPU memory pointers and expect PETSc to figure out how to stash on the device it until I call VecAssemblyBegin (at which point PETSc could use GPU-aware MPI to populate off-process values) ?

If this is not currently supported, is supporting this on the roadmap? Thanks in advance!

Thank You,
Sajid Ali (he/him) | Research Associate
Scientific Computing Division
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory