[petsc-users] DMSwarm

Joauma Marichal joauma.marichal at uclouvain.be
Tue Mar 15 08:33:08 CDT 2022

Hello,

I am writing to you as I am trying to implement a Lagrangian Particle Tracking method to my eulerian solver that relies on a 3D DMDA. To that end, I want to use the DMSwarm library but cannot find much documentation on it. Is there any examples that you would recommend for this specific application?  I understood the very basics but do not really understand how to use the following fields: DMSwarm_pid, DMSwarmPIC_coor and DMSwarm_cellid.
I also understood that particles could be moved from one processor to another using DMSwarm_rank and the migrate functions. However, is there any way to link directly the coordinates of my particle to the processor on which it should be stored?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Joauma