[petsc-users] Reuse MUMPS factorization

Bhargav Subramanya bhargav.subramanya at kaust.edu.sa
Sat Mar 12 12:00:52 CST 2022

Dear All,

I have the following two queries:

1. I am running simulations using MUMPS through a job submission system.
Since the job run time is limited, I need to restart the simulations
periodically. Since I am restarting the simulation with exactly the same
parameters, for instance, number of nodes, number of tasks per node, etc.,
is it possible to dump the matrix factors for the first time and reuse it
for the remaining restarts?

2. In the Ax=b solve, for now, the Matrix A doesn't change. However, if I
implement a slightly different time integration technique, matrix A changes
with each time step (sparsity pattern is still the same). Is it possible to
incorporate a modifying matrix A in the mumps solver?

Thanks,
Bhargav

this email.