[petsc-users] TSBDF prr-load higher order solution

Alfredo J Duarte Gomez aduarteg at utexas.edu
Wed Mar 9 15:50:00 CST 2022

Good morning PETSC team,

I am currently using a TSBDF object, which is working very well.

However, I am running into trouble restarting higher order BDF methods.

My problem is highly nonlinear, and when restarted for higher order BDF
methods (using the TSBDF_Restart function), wiggles appear in a specific
region of the solution.

Is there any way I can initialize the higher order BDF restart loading
previous solutions from a data file? I took a look at the code, but there
is no obvious way to do this.

Thanks,

-Alfredo

--