[petsc-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Question about SuperLU

Xiaoye S. Li xsli at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 10 19:35:01 CDT 2022

Could that be due to "numerical zero pivot" (caused due to cancellation and
underflow)?  You can try to force diagonal to be nonzero.

Looking at the options page:
https://petsc.org/main/docs/manualpages/Mat/MATSOLVERSUPERLU_DIST/

You can enable this one:

-mat_superlu_dist_replacetinypivot

replace tiny pivots
(the default is NO, not to replace tiny pivots, including zero pivots.)

Sherry