[petsc-users] Install PETSc with other libraries via package manager

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Jul 21 07:10:23 CDT 2022

Looks like the Debian package is built with PTScotch, which is a partitioner similar to ParMETIS that has better license. (ParMETIS has a non-free license and is flagged as such on Debian.) All PETSc builds have LAPACK. If you get it from your package manager, you'll be stuck with a somewhat older version of PETSc. You can also just build in your home directory.

https://packages.debian.org/sid/libpetsc3.16-dev-common