[petsc-users] Multiple phi-function evaluations (SLEPc)

Pierre Seize pierre.seize at onera.fr
Thu Jan 27 10:21:53 CST 2022

Hello PETSc and SLEPc users

I read that I can ask questions regarding SLEPc here, so here I go:

I'm using SLEPc to compute some phi-functions of a given matrix A. At
some point I want to compute phi_0(A)b, phi_1(A)b and phi_1(hA)b where h
is a scalar coefficient and b a given vector.

If I'm correct, I could reuse some information, as the Krylov
decomposition used in those three computation is the same. Only the
matrix used in the Pade approximant changes with the scalar coefficient,
and phi function with different indices can be evaluated together.
What's the most efficient way to get the three desired results with SLEPc ?

As always, thank you for your help, other users and the PETSc / SLEPc teams.

Pierre Seize