[petsc-users] Cray perftools

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Feb 21 16:38:08 CST 2022

hi,

We have our PETSc-based code compiled on a Cray XC-50 machine, and it
has just recently started running about 2.5 times slower on there.
Neither the code nor PETSc has been recompiled lately.

Turning the PETSc logging on, it appears to be spending more time on I/O
than it used to.

The cluster admins have suggested we rebuild with the Cray "perftools"
module loaded to get profiling info. It's a slight hassle to rebuild
everything, so I wondered, would this actually tell us anything that we
don't already know from the PETSc logs?

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher