[petsc-users] Problem about using TAU for profiling in PETSc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 21 08:26:55 CST 2022

We haven't tried using tau in many years - so don't really know what issues exist.

Previously we attempted a compile wrapper - so you might have to check the code in lib/petsc/bin/taucc.py

BTW: One relevant part:

      cmd2 += ' -c -rn PetscFunctionReturn -rv PetscFunctionReturnVoid\\(\\)'

Hope this helps.

Satish