[petsc-users] Saving solution with monitor function

Zhang, Hong hongzhang at anl.gov
Tue Dec 13 11:51:43 CST 2022

Tyler,

The quickest solution is to use TSTrajectory as Matt mentioned. You can add the following command line options to save the solution into a binary file under a folder at each time step.

-ts_save_trajectory -ts_trajectory_type visualization

The folder name and the file name can be customized with -ts_trajectory_dirname and -ts_trajectory_file_template.

If you want to load these files into Matlab, you can use some scripts in share/petsc/matlab/ such as PetscReadBinaryTrajectory.m and PetscBinaryRead.m.

The python versions of these scripts are available in lib/petsc/bin/.

Hong(Mr.)