[petsc-users] About Preconditioner and MUMPS

김성익 ksi2443 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 04:15:46 CST 2022

Hello,

I have some questions about pc and mumps_icntl.

1.     What’s the difference between adopt preconditioner by code (for
example, PetscCall(PCSetType(pc,PCLU)) and option -pc_type lu??
And also, What’s the priority between code pcsettype and option -pc_type ??

2.     When I tried to use METIS in MUMPS, I adopted metis by option (for
example, -mat_mumps_icntl_7 5). In this situation, it is impossible to use
metis without pc_type lu. However, in my case pc type lu makes the
performance poor. So I don’t want to use lu preconditioner. How can I do
this?

Thanks,

Hyung Kim