[petsc-users] PETSc geometric multigrid use

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Thu Dec 1 15:53:31 CST 2022

  I don't think you want to use -pc_type gamg if you want to use geometric multigrid. You can can use -pc_type mg and the DMDA. The only thing I think you need to change from the default use of DMDA and -pc_type mg is to provide custom code that computes the interpolation between levels to take into account the curvilinear grids.

  Barry