[petsc-users] PETSc geometric multigrid use

Alfredo J Duarte Gomez aduarteg at utexas.edu
Thu Dec 1 14:43:44 CST 2022

Good morning,

Good afternoon,

I am testing the performance of some preconditioners on a problem I have
and I wanted to try geometric multigrid. I am using a DMDA object and
respective matrices (the mesh is structured, but not rectangular, it is
curvilinear)

I have used the default version of algebraic multigrid (that is
-pc_gamg_type agg) very easily.

When I try to use  -pc_gamg_type geo, it returns an error.

What additional lines of code do I have to add to use the geo option?

Or does this require some sort of fast remeshing routine, given that I am
using curvilinear grids?

Thank you and have a good day.

-Alfredo

--