[petsc-users] DMLabel Synchronize

Nicholas Arnold-Medabalimi narnoldm at umich.edu
Tue Aug 30 17:37:13 CDT 2022

Hi

Thanks for all the help. I'm looking to tag several cells based on metrics
occurring at run time. In addition to the metric-defined cells I also want
to label the surrounding cells. This is no problem as I can traverse the
DMPlex chart to get the neighboring cells. The issue only arises if an
identified cell is on a partition boundary. this leads to the neighbor
cell in the overlap halo being tagged. However, the root cell on the
adjacent partition is not tagged. Is there a built-in way to synchronize
the labels from the leafs to the roots?

Right now, I iterate through the root and leaf cells of each processor, but
it is somewhat wasteful as I don't see a way for the root cell partition to
know if a corresponding leaf cell label value without communicating it
first.

Thanks
Nicholas

--