[petsc-users] Solution vector in a component-wise order

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Mon Aug 15 10:14:49 CDT 2022

  Not really. There are tools to make it easier to do computations on individual fields in the field-coupling order such as https://petsc.org/release/docs/manualpages/Vec/VecStrideGatherAll.html <https://petsc.org/release/docs/manualpages/Vec/VecStrideGatherAll.html> and its many friends and relations.

  What task or set of computations motivates you to want to use a field-split storage format as the base format instead of the field-coupling?

  Barry