[petsc-users] DMDA ghosted boundary

Quynh Nguyen nguyenquynh9537 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 01:21:33 CDT 2022

Dear petsc developers and users,

I am a new petsc user ^_^.
I have some questions about using DMDA_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED.

1. I have 2D Poisson code with domain (nx, ny), and I used
DMDA_BOUNDARY_NONE, then the size of the matrix is (nx*ny)X(nx*ny). *what
is the size of the matrix if I used  DMDA_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED? is it the same
size as DMDA_BOUNDARY_NONE*?

2. if the matrix size of DMDA_BOUNDARY_GHOSTED isn't the same as
DMDA_BOUNDARY_NONE, *how i can view the matrix including ghost points*? I
ask this one because I used MatView(P, PETSC_VIEWER_STDOUT_WORLD) to show
the matrix but excluded ghost points.

I hope someone can explain my wonder :)

P/S: maybe, those question is simple and a bit stupid ^_^.

Have a nice day,

--
Quynh Nguyen
Graduate student, Ocean Engineering.