[petsc-users] Starting in debugger

Sanjay Govindjee s_g at berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 17 13:58:55 CDT 2022

Codesigning is not the issue.  My gdb is properly codesigned (here are
my synopsized instructions based off the page your reference but with
out the extraneous details
http://feap.berkeley.edu/wiki/index.php?title=GDB).

I think this is one of those nutty Apple quirks.  I do notice that in
the debug windows that, if I use gdb I am just looking at hex codes for
the backtrace, whereas with lldb I can see they names of the routines.
Unfortunately, lldb does not play nice with Fortran so I need gdb.

Notwithstanding, I tried everything out a Fedora box and the debugging
worked just fine -- attached properly, symbols showing, variables are
accessible.

When I get a chance, I will try a from scratch build of gdb to see if
that helps.

Thanks again for the help.
-sanjay