[petsc-users] What does PCASMSetOverlap do?

Zhuo Chen chenzhuotj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:30:21 CDT 2022

Hi Pierre,

Thank you so much! It helps a lot! Petsc correctly identifies the
neighboring cells and the geometry is quite complicated as shown below.
[image: dd.png]

I guess Petsc identifies the non-zero off-diagonal rows and columns and
marks them as the 1 layer overlap region. For more layers, one needs the
off-diagonal information of A*A (I am solving Ax=b), is that correct?

Best regards.