[petsc-users] DMSwarm losing particles with a non-uniform mesh

Joauma Marichal joauma.marichal at uclouvain.be
Mon Apr 4 05:06:47 CDT 2022

Hello,

I have written before as I am trying use the DMSwarm library to track particles over a collocated non-uniform mesh with ghost cells.
I have been able to deal with the collocated and ghost cell issues by creating an intermediate DMDA.
However, I lose particles when my mesh is non-uniform. I have re-written a function similar to DMDASetUniformCoordinates but I still have issues when my cells have varying sizes.
I attach a small code to this e-mail that reads particles coordinates from a file and stores them in a DMSwarm structure. My code works well when I use uniform coordinates but whenever I change this, I lose several particles after calling the migration function.

Can it be due to how I define my coordinates? If yes, why? Or is it due to how the migrate function is implmented?

Best regards,

Joauma

PS. the code is run with: mpirun -np 3 ./cobpor.